Thursday, September 15th, 2011 | musiX
I’m not going to go into my love affair with San Francisco (and its inhabitants, restaurants, bands). I’m not. But when the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bay … do I wanna be there in my city? Oh ooh whoa. Whoa ohhh oh ooh whoa.
I’m slightly convinced that John Dwyer is insane (yet not as insane as I am for quoting Steve Perry). The leader of San Fran’s Thee Oh Sees has taken every project he’s been involved with to the far reaches and nether-regions of thee arty and thee unhinged. You never know quite what you’re going to get. And live? Thee Oh Sees simply demolish. And Dwyer continues his prolific ways. The band released Castlemania in May, and are already gearing up for the forthcoming Carrion Crawler/The Dream on November 15 via In The Red.
The new single “Carrion Crawler” is relatively straight-forward compared to the creepy vibes of Castlemania. Dig in. Trip out. Get back. Go forward. Move ahead.
“Carrion Crawler” – Thee Oh Sees
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
- It’s a prog eat prog world
- Sweet as. Liam Finn gets snug as …
- Steve Young: Rock salt, nails, whiskey
- Grass Is Green is a mean machine
- All-time favorite albums #1. KISS – Alive!
- All-time favorite albums #2. Camper Van Beethoven – Telephone Free Landslide Victory
- All-time favorite albums #3. Beastie Boys – Paul’s Boutique
- All-time favorite albums #4. Fleetwood Mac – Rumours
- All-time favorite albums #5. Old 97′s – Wreck Your Life
- All-time favorite albums #6. Metallica – Master of Puppets