Friday, January 27th, 2012 | musiX
This might be the creepiest two minutes you’ll spend all day. We might as well spend it here. Together. I promise not to squeeze your hand too tight.
Pharmacy drummer Brendhan Bowers made this video on the cheap on 16mm film. The song the vid’s attached to—”Dig Your Grave”—is just as fuzzy and ramshackle as the film itself. Dont’ fret—just when you’re getting bugged out by what’s transpiring onscreen, the song kicks into its cheery first verse. Saved by rawk … again. “Dig Your Grave” appears on the Seattle trio’s latest 7-inch of the same name, their first batch of songs since since 2010′s Weekend LP.
For those not in the know, The Pharmacy has been kicking around since 2002. It’s been a long, strange trip filled with three LPs, a trail of assorted EPs and singles, and loads of road mishaps—which is to say, rock and roll. Of course, this is just a teaser for the band’s forthcoming full-length Stoned & Alone, due out later this year on Park the Van Records.
To be continued …
The Pharmacy performs Thursday, Feb. 9 at Ella St. in Portland.
“Dig Your Grave” – The Pharmacy
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
- It’s a prog eat prog world
- Sweet as. Liam Finn gets snug as …
- Steve Young: Rock salt, nails, whiskey
- Grass Is Green is a mean machine
- All-time favorite albums #1. KISS – Alive!
- All-time favorite albums #2. Camper Van Beethoven – Telephone Free Landslide Victory
- All-time favorite albums #3. Beastie Boys – Paul’s Boutique
- All-time favorite albums #4. Fleetwood Mac – Rumours
- All-time favorite albums #5. Old 97′s – Wreck Your Life
- All-time favorite albums #6. Metallica – Master of Puppets